In last week’s episode, only two of Secret Cave’s writers could make it on air. This week, we’re firing on all cylinders and have an active, roundtable discussion about adaptive difficulty in video games, why The Undertaker became so popular, the death of Mario (and side-scrolling platforms), and how movie trailers are bullshit.
? in this episode, we discuss:
- Adaptive vs. set difficulty in video games
- What’s the most difficult game you’ve ever played?
- The unique difficulty of multiplayer games
- Matchmaking algorithms in multiplayer games
- Losing gaming tournaments
- How to access ‘hard mode’ in Super Mario
- The difference in difficulty in racing games
- Is Mario Kart secretly a platformer?